As a church, we believe that God calls us to join in with his Mission. This is expressed in the Church of England’s five marks of mission:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Here at St Edward’s we do this in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
- We regularly run courses to help people explore the Christian faith, such as Alpha or Start
- St Edward’s aims to be a place where all feel welcome from all walks of life. We try to offer care and support to those in need, listening and directing people to agencies that can offer assistance where we can’t
- We also run courses on a number of topics to help us explore faith more deeply. For example, we have studied: being the prophetic voice in the world, the Old Testament and living faithfully, amongst others
- In church there is a prayer space display, which changes every month, to specifically pray for the important work of the charities we support
- As a church, we are working hard to improve our care of the environment and many of our younger people have been the driving force behind this work and have helped to organise litter picks in the local area.
We financially support a number of different charities locally, nationally and Internationally. For more information on each of these charities click their logo (this will take you away from our website and to the charity website).